Thank you for visiting this site, a centre of information about the Living with Loss grief support events run by Abi May.
These events – residential retreats as well as day courses – take place throughout the UK.
These are gentle retreats for people of all ages who have suffered loss through bereavement. They are faith-based from a Christian perspective, but not theological. The goal is finding courage and hope as we continue our life’s journey.
The retreats are suitable for widows and widowers, bereaved parents and siblings, those who have lost parents or close family members, or those who have suffered multiple losses. Most retreats are small with around 8 – 18 participants.
This site contains the basic information you might want to know about the events themselves – locations and dates, content, FAQs, reviews, as well as information for places that might like to host the retreats.
For more information about grief and coping with loss, please visit www.avalleyjournal.co.uk
For more about Abi May, visit: this link
About the retreats: Find out how a Living with Loss event is run and what you might gain from it. This page also has a slideshow with more pix.
FAQs: More details and answers to your questions about the events
Reviews: Feedback and comments from people who have participated in Living with Loss events
Events calendar: A list of forthcoming events that are open for booking, with dates, locations and costs. (This page is often updated )
Hosting an event: This is information for retreat centres, churches or other organisations that might want to host an event, whether a residential retreat or day workshops. “Hosting” means that you would provide the venue and facilities; Abi would come to run the actual event.
Contact: Get in touch with Abi May here
QUICK VIEW OF UPCOMING EVENTS – 2019/early 2020
Living with Loss retreats
- 10-12 September 2019 – “Living with Loss” mid-week retreat at Whitchester Christian Centre, Hawick in the Scottish Borders.
- 25-27 October 2019 – “Living with Loss” weekend retreat at Penhurst Christian Centre, Sussex.
- 4-8 November 2019 – “Living with Loss” week retreat at Lee Abbey, Devon.
- 17-22 February 2020 – “Living with Loss” week retreat at Launde Abbey, Leicestershire
Living with Loss retreats – Part 2 and Part 3
Only for those who have already attended a Living with Loss retreat
- 20-23 August 2019 – “Living with Loss Part 3: “Tea Room Gathering” 4-day retreat at House of the Open Door, Gloucestershire.
- 6-8 September 2019 – “Living with Loss Part 2” weekend retreat at the Briery in Ilkley, Yorkshire.
- 20-24 April 2020 – “Living with Loss Part 2” week retreat at Lee Abbey, Devon.
- 12-16 November 2018 – “Living with Loss” week retreat at Lee Abbey, Devon.